If referencing IceT in a publication, please use the following paper.
- "Sort-Last Parallel Rendering for Viewing Extremely Large Data Sets on Tile Displays." Kenneth Moreland, Brian Wylie, and Constantine Pavlakos. In Proceedings of IEEE 2001 Symposium on Parallel and Large-Data Visualization and Graphics, pp. 85–92, October 2001.
Here is a list of publications concerning the development or use of IceT. If you have something you would like to add, please let us know.
- "Optimizing Multi-Image Sort-Last Parallel Rendering." Matthew Larsen, Kenneth Moreland, Chris R. Johnson, and Hank Childs. In IEEE Symposium on Large-Scale Data Analysis and Visualization (LDAV), October 2016.
- "An Image Compositing Solution at Scale." Kenneth Moreland, Wesley Kendall, Tom Peterka, and Jian Huang. In Proceedings of 2011 International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC '11). November 2011.
- IceT Users' Guide and Reference Version 2.1. Kenneth Moreland. Tech Report SAND 2011-5011, Sandia National Laboratories, August 2011.
- IceT Users' Guide and Reference Version 2.0. Kenneth Moreland. Tech Report SAND 2010-7451, Sandia National Laboratories, November 2010.
- IceT Users' Guide and Reference Version 1.0. Kenneth Moreland. Tech Report SAND 2009-3170, Sandia National Laboratories, June 2009.
- "Parallel Unstructured Volume Rendering in ParaView." Kenneth Moreland, Lisa Avila, and Lee Ann Fisk. In Visualization and Data Analysis 2007, Proceedings of SPIE-IS&T Electronic Imaging, pg. 64950F-1–12, January 2007.
- "Remote Large Data Visualization in the ParaView Framework." Andy Cedilnik, Berk Geveci, Kenneth Moreland, James Ahrens, and Jean Favre. In Eurographics Parallel Graphics and Visualization 2006, pg. 163–170, May 2006.
- "From Cluster to Wall with VTK." Kenneth Moreland and David Thompson. In Proceedings of IEEE 2003 Symposium on Parallel and Large-Data Visualization and Graphics, pp. 25–31, October 2003.
In addition, here are some publications describing applications using IceT for parallel rendering. Although not specifically about IceT, they all feature large scale parallel rendering that uses IceT under the covers.
- "Scalable Implicit Flow Solver for Realistic Wing Simulations with Flow Control." Michel Rasquin, Cameron Smith, Kedar Chitale, E. Seegyoung Seol, Benjamin A. Matthews, Jeffrey L. Martin, Onkar Sahni, Raymond M. Loy, Mark S. Shephard, and Kenneth E. Jansen. Computing in Science & Engineering. DOI 10.1109/MCSE.2014.75
- "Parallel Visualization and Analysis with ParaView on a Cray XT4." John Patchett, James Ahrens, Sean Ahern, and David Pugmire. In Cray User Group 2009.
- "Large Scale Visualization on the Cray XT3 Using ParaView." Kenneth Moreland, David Rogers, John Greenfield, Berk Geveci, Patrick Marion, Alexander Neundorf, and Kent Eschenberg. In Cray User Group 2008.